Tuesday 11 January 2011

Gutted.

Gutted. Seriously there is no other way of describing it. I'm gonna sound like a pathetic over-dramatic twat when I say this. Today I went to the orthodontist hoping to get my braces off. Ok, not really hoping, I was counting on it, I was really excited, I've actually been waiting for this for ages. Anyway I got there and they looked ready to take them off- you know with all the stuff ready and asking about allergies and that. So I lay down on their stupid chair thing and put on their fucking annoying glasses. Just for him to prod around my mouth for a bit and then ask if I'd been wearing my elastics. I have, by the way, ALL THE FUCKING TIME. I told him this, only for him to poke around a bit more then say 'here's some more elastics, the sooner you do it properly the sooner you'll have them off' and hand me another pack.

I was so pissed off, I have seriously been waiting for this day for weeks. I felt like crying but I managed to hold it in on the way to the car, with my dad. Until his stupid comment 'Oh don't worry, you can work in Costa instead of being a vet' This is a tiny comment but considering I have the three science exams this week , that basically decide whether I can apply to be a vet or not, it was a sensitive subject -.- So I just cried, he thought it was his fault of course but he was just 'the straw that broke the camel's back' to use a cheesy phrase. So now I'm here just feeling shit and disappointed and upset and stupid that I'm crying over something so small and now I have to wait 2months to go back. Just GUTTED.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck on the exams. I have blind faith that you can do it if it's really what you want. Hope the rest of your day goes better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you didn't your braces off. It sucks. ☻

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously I've been through that! They promised next time would be 'the time' and it wasn't, but when they're off you'll forget all the disappointment because it's sooo worth it! :)
    Everytime someone compliments your smile you feel a little glow inside because secretly YOU know your smile looks great :)
    Hang it there, it'll be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Kindros :) I can't wait to get them off now, it must be great! x

    ReplyDelete