Sunday 1 August 2010

About Your Dress

Hey guys, pinch punch first day of the month! I can't believe it's August already! We've already been through half the year, isn't that crazy? And now the summer is here...well it's supposed to be, I dunno about you but we haven't had any sun for ages!

Anyway more to the point, I've been shopping...I seem to have a constant clothes shortage which my mum has finally started to appreciate, so even though I'm supposed to buy all my clothes myself, she was feeling generous and bought me some new things :)

Some of these things are for holiday- me and my mum are going to Venice where apparently if you're not 'appropriatly dressed' they wont let you into some places- like churches. So this means no shorts and covered shoulders for me! This stripey top is from H&M- I actually love it there!

These sandals are from accessorize- another great shop. They're for holiday too but more for evenings, I don't think I could walk around in them all day! They were half price but still expensive, I think my mum saw it as a good investment because we're the same shoe size, I'm sure she'll try and steal them!
This jumper's not very summery but was a good find so we got it! I'm going to sixth form in September and we don't have any uniform or dress-code so I'm going to need lots of outfits, so this was bought (from H&M) with that in mind.

These are from H&M again, I needed some comfortable shoes for walking around Venice all day. I'm not too sure about these, they're nice but don't go with everything. I don't think they'll go with a skirt and I tried them with some white cropped trousers but it looked a bit matchy. Oh well, I suppose it doesn't matter if I'm on holiday!
And last but not least, Primark sunglasses! I had another pair of these £1 beauties in blue but they mysteriously disappeared, but they were quickly replaced with these which I'm sure if you don't own a pair you will know someone who does- that's the problem with Primark!

Hopefully this lot will keep me happy for a while, I love wearing clothes for the first time when they're new, I don't know why I suppose you just feel different because you're not wearing the same old things that you dig out of your wardrobe every day! And now I'm excited about Venice! Have any of you been there before?

Thanks for reading :)

Georgina x

P.S. The title is a song by the Maccabees- one of the most amazing bands ever!

4 comments:

  1. Love love LOVE all these clothes!!

    Bea. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm diggin' the sunglasses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you :D (oh and I found the ones that disappeared, typical!) x

    ReplyDelete