Tuesday 13 July 2010

I Know where the Summer Goes

My typical childhood summer's day used to consist of a bike ride, a picnick and friends. A nice way to spend your time, well I think so. So seeing as none of us have any money but still need to get out the house we thought we'd do exactly that. The weather was shit and we only had a few hours but we got on our bikes (that rarely see the light of day) and cycled to the woods.

We got some weird looks from the dog-walkers and passers-by...the four of us sat in a bush eating raspberries, french bread and chocolate (we thought we should have some real food as we've been eating crap all week) But we had a nice time :)
I fell off my bike...I was fine, just laughed it off as per usual :L
So yes that was our summer's day...you might find it sad or weird that four 16 year old girls would want to ride bikes and have a picnick but we spend enough time worrying about what other people think so it's nice to just relax and do what we want for a bit.

How are you guys finding the summer so far? And sorry if you're still at school and I'm rubbing it in your face, I don't mean too!

Thanks for reading,

Georgina xx

P.S. The title of this post is a song from Belle and Sebastian's album 'Push Barman to Open Old Wounds'- check it out, it's pretty good.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a good time, btw I checked out the song, like it a lot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm glad you liked it, I love Belle and Sebastian they're so good! Thanks for commenting :) x

    ReplyDelete