Monday 8 March 2010

Hunger Strikes

Today I did a 12 hour fast for our school's 'Africa Week'. We were told about it last tuesday so I went and got a sponsor form without thinking it through, I quickly had a lot of sponsors so didn't really have a choice!

So I got up at 7 this morning and had a big breakfast (I know this is kind of cheating but I think I would be ill if I hadn't eaten for about 20hours!) I ate my porridge and toast and then went to school. It wasn't too bad, I realised that I wasn't actually that hungry it was more that I wanted to eat for the sake of it. Kind of like when you're bored so you eat, I just needed something other than boring water! (I was only allowed water no juice or anything.)
At about 6 o'clock I really did start to get hungry, it was so hard being at home with food in the cupboards not being able to just help myself. Well I made it the whole 12 hours, and at 7.30 on the dot, ate my lasange and had my much-craved cup of tea :) I'm glad I bothered to do it, there were only about 3 of us in my year and it was for a good cause. Now the next challenge is to get all the money off people!

Georgina xx

No comments:

Post a Comment