Sunday 6 February 2011

Ukulele

Sorry I haven't posted for ages, I've been busy as usual :) I went out for a meal last night for mine and a friend's birthday. I had a really good time actually, got pretty drunk and said lots of stupid things but it was fun :D

My friend Ffi came round for a few hours this evening and gave me my birthday present- a ukulele! It was a complete surprise, I'm not in the least bit musical...well I have my grade 1 violin but I don't think that counts...
Ffi is really into music, she plays about 10 instruments so whenever I go round to her house I always try and play the ukulele (and completely fail) so she bought me this one and stayed for a while to teach me how to play :D Ahh look at it it's so beautiful, and red to match my room!
As you can imagine I'm not that brilliant but I was surprised how easily I picked it up. I can now play 'I'm Yours' by Jason Mraz, 'Believer' from Shrek and '5 Years Time' by Noah and the Whale, I'm quite proud! I really want to carry on practising so I'm actually good :D
So I just thought I should let you know seeing as I'm majorly excited! I'll update you soon, I'm gong to Belgium on Wednesday so I'll deffo post before then, and lets hope I've learnt some more tunes :)

Thanks for reading,

Georgina xx

2 comments: